Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Witching Hour

Halloween Witch Hat



So I have been made in charge of table setting for the month of October for this club I belong to. So glad I have October, because Halloween is my favorite holiday. I wanted to do something than the usual potted plant that the others usually do for table setting. I found these cardboard witch hats at Michael's they were on sale for $2.25 (they maybe even cheaper at the end of the month) 



What you will need to do this project!


  1. Cardboard witch hats
  2. Acrylic paint (black, orange, etc)
  3. sponge paint brushes
  4. plastic cups 
  5. glitter (using the Martha Stewart halloween edition. I love the colors)
  6. ribbons
  7. glue 
  8. Cat Helper (that's optional... My cat Figaro always likes to help me) 


Here is Figaro ready to help!

Start painting the hat. I just poured the paint in the cup. Be sure to cover your work surface with newspaper or plastic. This is a bit messy. 

All the hats are painted black. Time to start decorating. 

I added orange dots by dipping the tip of the handle in orange and just dabbing the brim of the hat. 


Just add glue and sprinkle glitter 

Figaro is inspecting the hats. He is quality control...so it's his job to make sure everything is puurrrfect (sorry for the cheesy joke) 


All done. I added ribbons to some. I still have to finish knitting the items that will be with each hat. You can see one item a ghost has been done. I will be posting my knitted stuff when I am done. 

Hope this gave you some ideas. It would be fun party activity, everyone decorate their own hat or just something for halloween decor. Happy October! Be crafty everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment