Friday, August 17, 2012

Something Old, Something New, Something Blue

Lately I have been in the mood of turning old things into something new. I recently acquired a hand me down bedroom set from my parents. Hey we have a bad economy and I am not going to be buying new furniture.  Plus the furniture I acquired was real wood furniture not the plywood crap they sell at certain stores that you can put together. I decided to turned some old pieces of furniture into something new and well I love blue so thought I would add a small blue detail. It just gives it a unique and customize look...totally an original piece.

Here is what the dresser looked like before. Very nice, but not my taste. (Sorry I don't have good picture should have taken one before the redo began)




I had the pieces, the dresser and the nights stand painted with primer and then a high gloss white. The handles which were gold hardware I painted with blue spray paint (I made the mistake of forgetting premier, it turned out ok but if I primed it would have been better). I love white and blue together...gives it a Wedgewood feel.  Here is the finished product.



I love using accent pieces that are blue and white next to my night stand. My magazine storage bin actually came from Costco and it came with two- one small which you see here and a large striped one.

I hope that this gave you some ideas and you revamp that old piece of furniture into a awesome statement piece. Thanks and stay crafty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment