Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crazy Baking Marathon


So I volunteered to help prepare food for about 60-70 people for my club meeting. I really should be careful what I volunteer to do, because I always stress myself out. I did the table center pieces, pumpkin soup, now all was left was the baking. How hard would that be to bake. It was not very hard actually, though it was very TIRING. So I baked 72 pumpkin cupcakes and about 90 cookies. For the cupcakes I would pop the in the oven 24 cupcakes at a time. In the afternoon I worked on the sugar cookies. It's always a pain when cutting cookie shapes because the dough gets soft and mushy so I had to pop it in the fridge constantly.  In the end I am happy with the results. Here is all the baked goodies on my table. 

All baked goodies 
70 cupcakes 
Halloween cookies 




I will be posting recipes soon. In the rush to finish I forgot to take pictures of the steps. I think the most important thing I learned was how to organized my time. Toward the middle I had a great flow. Haha I could have been wearing pearls, heels and an apron. It actually became that effortless. Though it wasn't without some cons. I realize I am glad I don't do this for a living...my back would have revoulted against me if I had to do this every day, but every once in a while it is possible to accomplish. But don't expect me to be volunteering to do this again anytime soon. I need at least 6 months before I take this challenge on again. Thanks for reading. Hope you are enjoying October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment