Friday, January 13, 2012

This little kitty was knit!

I do love knitting and it is great to create something out of basically a ball of yarn and knitting needles.

This was something I recently made for my friend's daughter.

I found the pattern online barbara prime's fuzzy mitten.  I love Fuzzy mitten's blog as well. I used the lamb pattern for the body, legs and arms.Then I created my own pattern for the cat ears and a tail. I think it turned out really cute.

The only difference is that I knit in the round on DPNs (double pointed needles), so I don't Purl I Knit those stitches instead. I prefer to do this because it creates a seamless project. If you are new to knitting  I would suggest just to knit on knitting needles and sew the ends as the pattern instructs.

I also have used the pattern to create the lamb that is picture on the pattern and a bunny which I just used one color of yarn and created a different pattern for the ears. Aren't they adorable?

No comments:

Post a Comment