Friday, January 4, 2013

Exhilarating Sugar Scrub.


I have to admit I got a wonderful Christmas present from my friend. She made me this wonderful  coffee scrub she learned to make on Pinterest. I love it, but I wanted to try to make my own too. 
I have  been suffering from allergies lately and heard Eucalyptus is wonderful for 
      sinus problems so why not make a scrub with Eucalyptus essential oils. 

What you need
1) 2 cups of sugar
2) 1/4 -1/2 cup of oil of your choice (I used sweet almond skin oil)
3) 10 drops of essential oil of your choice (I used Eucalyptus)
4) few drops of food coloring (optional)
5) a container ( I reused a bath and body works candle container)






Add essential oils and skin oil to sugar.
You may want to add more or less oil depending how wet you want the mixture
Add a few drops of food coloring 

mix well (this takes a while)


Add mixture to a container. I used the bath and body works candle container. I clean them and reuse them. I divided the mixture in half and left one half white and the other half blue. 

It smells wonderful and leaves skin soft. 


Note: Some essential oils can cause an allergic reaction to the skin ask someone in the store which ones are best and also be careful when using food coloring as it some can stain the skin. 
Hope this gives you an idea on how to make your own wonderful scrub! 



No comments:

Post a Comment